Sunday Meditation Practice
& Visiting Hours
Each Sunday the Master Abbess of the Monastery leads those attending in a meditation and practice session, followed by a Dharma teaching. Children are encouraged to join with adults for the practice meditation and listen to the Dharma teaching for first 15 minutes, then proceed to the Dharma Children’s Program held separately.
The Schedule is as follows:
• 9:00 AM Meditation practice starts in the Meditation Hall inside the main house (Please enter the side door).
• 10:00 AM Dharma teaching.
• 11:15 AM Mindful vegetarian lunch.
• The first Sunday of each month a Health and Walking Meditation will be held, followed by a health discussion.
• 2:30 PM Precepts Recitation on the first Sunday of each month (if you have transmitted the Five Mindfulness Trainings we encourage you to participate).
Visiting Hours for every day:
• In Spring and Summer seasons, open hours are from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
• In Fall and Winter seasons, open hours are from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
• Nobel silence hour is from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM.
• As this is a Monastery and we do conduct ceremonial services, please dress appropriately but comfortably when you attend. Please, no short sleeved-shirts, short pants, or low-cut shirts.
• Upon entering the Meditation Hall please wear a grey ceremonial robe (provided in the Dharma Gift shop on the clothes rack or you can purchase for your own use).